Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Introducing Jack Kenan Sears



He is finally here and we are so estatic!!! He needed a little extra nudge (I was induced), but he arrived safely on October 6th at 3:10 p.m. Weighing in at a hefty 9 pounds, 11.4 ounces, there is no doubt he was ready to be born. The labor went really fast and was a totally different experience than Luke's birth, but since I have a healthy baby I can't complain. I was really afraid I was going to need a c-section, but I only pushed for about seven minutes!




Yes, I was huge! In fact, a hospital employee asked if I was having twins when we arrived for the induction. Lucky for her, I was in such a good mood since I was finally going to have this baby that I didn't kick her in the shin.

Luke has been great about sharing the spotlight. We video taped the first meeting of Luke and Jack; expecting Luke to throw a bit of a fuss when Mom and Dad were suddenly paying attention to another little one. Instead, Luke got a big smile on his face and now loves saying "Jack" which sounds more like "Quack" and pushing Jack in his baby swing. Life is good!

Grandpa and Grandma Sears and Grandma Puffer were all able to come up and hang out at the hospital until Jack was born. Grandma Puffer stayed and watched Luke which was a huge help and Grandpa Puffer came a few days later to play with Luke and Jack too. It is so nice to have family so close!

A few days earlier, we tried on Luke's Halloween costume. I had tried to save a few bucks by buying a costume after halloween last year to use this year. As the pictures show, that plan backfired. Luke now has a new bat costume that he will wear this year. Pictures of that are to come...


8 comments:

Puffer Love said...

Mari he is so handsome!! I am glad that everything went so well! I am sure Luke will be the BEST big brother any kid could have. Congrats again hopefully we will see you soon!

LagaFamily said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful. I am so glad that things went to well! And Luke is getting so big. Hope you are recovering well!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys! I am glad you didn't knick the nurse in the shin too, at least until after you delivered, he he. He is beautiful. I can't wait to meet him! Deb Bolton

Sunderlands said...

Hi Marilee! Your little family is SO cute! Congrats on finally delivering baby Jack! He is adorable! I found your blog from Lindsay's blog. Send me your email, and I'll send you an invite to our blog! pbs2u@web-ster.com

Brenna

Lindsey said...

Congrats, Mari! He is so cute...big, but cute!

hope2adoptbaby said...

Congrats Mari! He was a big baby! I'm sure you're all glad that he's here. You're a better woman than I...I would have kicked that nurse in the shins! :) Shelby

Sarah said...

Congrats!! Jack is adorable and I can't believe how cute and big Luke is! I remember when you were pregnant with him!

Sarah said...

Yeah! He finally made it, congratulations! He is beautiful!